Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Taylor's Weight Gain

When did it start? After what film? Weren't people really mean to her?

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 4:05 AM

Can we talk...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2024 1:27 PM

Joan was such a cunt... of the can dish it out but couldn't take it school...

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2024 2:07 PM

Her weight came about because of drinking. She would get drunk as hell then stuff her face of all the foods she normally didnt allow herself.

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2024 2:14 PM

Liz Taylor is so fat she stands in front of the microwave and yells HURRY.

Liz Taylor pierced her ears and gravy ran out.

Liz Taylor has more chins than a Chinese phonebook.

I took Liz Taylor to Sea World and she asked of Shamu came with a vegetable.

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2024 2:16 PM

She always had a weight problem, but after she married John Warner and he won the Senate seat, she got bored being home alone and she spent her days and nights eating/drinking/pill popping. She was really fat around 1978/79- that’s when those horrible photos of her were taken at Studio 54z

She started losing weight around 1980 or so, and by the time she got lit of Betty Ford in 1984, she looked great.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2024 2:26 PM

I apologize for the typos!

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2024 2:27 PM

I bought a copy of Hollywood Babylon Part 2 at a thrift store and the cover photo of Elizabeth Taylor is truly grotesque and mean

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2024 2:31 PM

She started gaining after her pregnancies and was called "chubby" by Richard Burton while filming Cleopatra. I thought she was beautiful in that film, but she definitely wasn't a teenager anymore. She was obviously heavier in Reflections in a Golden Eye, the VIPs and Whoose Afraid of Virginia Woolfe, the overload drinking years with Burton. Crazy added weight gain while she was married to John Warner.

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2024 2:38 PM

Like most women of her era, she started having kids young, and that's when her weight began creeping up. The last time she was slim in her younger years was in "Cat." And after that plump thru the '60s and early '70s. She was actually slim in "Ash Wednesday" and looked good in "The Blue Bird." And then she became obese when married to dull Rep. John Warner. I was amazed that she could recapture her looks, even with the help of plastic surgery, after Betty Ford. ET being plump never detracted in my mind. But by the '70s, the drinking and pills on top of the extra weight showed her unhappiness. At least she had one last hurrah of looking great after Betty Ford.

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2024 3:05 PM

Joan rivers joked that she liked to sit outside of McDonald's when Elizabeth ate there so that she could watch the numbers change on the outdoor pylon sign.

by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2024 10:37 PM

She and Joan were friends, and ET thought the jokes were funny.

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2024 10:45 PM

If I remember correctly it was right around the time she married that congressman.

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2024 10:52 PM

Elizabeth Taylor should forever be revered by everyone, especially the gay community for what she did for AIDS. It needed someone of her stature...her superstars, to knock some sense into everyone, including Ronald Reagan. No one else was even remotely about to take up that challenge....(Tho Madonna deserves respect also, she wasn't speaking to the grown ups.)

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2024 11:02 PM

Was that really her fat ass going up the staircase in Reflections in a Golden Eye or was it a double?

Fat or thin Liz was fabulous. Even in the TV version of Sweet Bird of Youth she was a junky butt but looked radiant.

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2024 11:18 PM

I never understood her friendship with Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2024 11:23 PM

I remember listening to one of Joan River's Howard Stern interviews. She said the fat jokes meant nothing to Elizabeth Taylor because she always felt incredibly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2024 11:24 PM

Joan and Liz were not friends. When asked what she thought of the jokes Liz asked, "You mean that awful little blonde woman?".

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2024 11:25 PM

Cleophatra

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2024 11:28 PM

Joan was pure evil. I loved her. So long as I was not the butt of her jokes.

by Anonymousreply 19April 30, 2024 11:32 PM

She was already starting to visibly gain weight by the time of “Zee and Company” aka “X, Y, and Zee” in 1972. The release coincided with her 40th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2024 11:41 PM

But she cleaned up nice in 1973s “Ash Wednesday.”

by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2024 11:42 PM

Fat Liz with Liza and Betty Ford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 12:22 AM

[quote}She and Joan were friends, and ET thought the jokes were funny.

Wrong, r11.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2024 12:32 AM

I think also in the late 50’s and early sixties when she started getting weird illnesses and accidents. AND her bad back. She spent so much time in the hospital, in bed and in wheelchairs - her metabolism crawled to a stop.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 2:30 AM

She was always one doughnut away from being a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2024 2:48 AM

When she was married to Warner, she loved going shopping at the Middleburg Safeway. That accounted for some of the pounds. She was like a kid in a candy store….or Liz Taylor in a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 3:22 AM

'She has more chins than a Chinese phonebook'

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 3:42 AM

I read an article that detailed her vigorously shake pepper on her food to stop herself from shoveling more food in. It may even have been an interview.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 3:46 AM

Liz always loved food. When she was dating Larry Fortensky they would go to drive-ins for burgers and shakes.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 3:53 AM

She looked her best (post-Senator) when she was pal-ing around with compulsive tanner George Hamilton. Liz lost weight and started tanning, too. She was wearing a Paulie Gaultieri-type hairstyle with the white wings and streaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 4:05 AM

I seem to remember old Liz being quite candid about eating buckets of fried chicken while married to John Warner.

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 4:16 AM

I remember that she liked chili and Jack Daniel's.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2024 4:19 AM

GLADIATOR!

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2024 4:28 AM

I'm glad she spoke out about AIDS but I find it hard to forgive her for defending Michael Jackson

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2024 4:35 AM

[quote]I'm glad she spoke out about AIDS but I find it hard to forgive her for defending Michael Jackson

Both of them are dead now, I think it might be time to move the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2024 1:29 PM

Her weight fluctuated almost all her life from the late 1950s on. She was at her heaviest in the late 70s. She slimmed down in the mid 80s and more or less stayed that way until health issues took over her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2024 1:39 PM

She had hearty appetites to excess for food, liquor , men, jewels. I doubt she had many regrets about what she "should have" done in life. She was Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2024 2:04 PM

A good guess is that it started with the ‘pause.

Menopausal women have to eat something like 200 calories less to retain their girlish figures. Estrogen draining also makes them less apt to give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2024 2:12 PM

she'd stand in front of the microwave and yell HURRY!

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 4:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!