Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Faye Dunaway's "Master Class"?

About Master Class:

"Unfinished film directed by Dunaway, shot between 2009 and 2014. It was announced in June 2014 that after nearly 20 years of owning the film rights, Dunaway had decided to withdraw from the project."

How fucking long does it take to film a movie? Geez. I wonder how much footage there is of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 6:28 AM

Do not question me, little homosexual boy!

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 6:06 AM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 6:32 AM

Mostly footage of Faye rehearsing the line “you know where to find the booze and the billionaires, don’t you Jackie?”

Also a brief clip of her cutting down several olive trees on Onassis’ island after he tells her that she isn’t a little opera singer anymore. Truth is, she’s getting old after 18 years in the business.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 6:43 AM

The unfinished project will now be reshot with Hilary Duff as Callas. It has been retitled "Master Class: Raise Your Voice!"

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 6:50 AM

She said that 75% of the film was shot.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 7:06 AM

[quote] lol.

LoL! :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 1:20 PM

It looks like we have a Faye Dunaway troll. Less is more, man.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 1:38 PM

A friend toured with Faye in Master Class and only had good things to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 1:45 PM

We saw Miss Faye in that tour of Master Class. The play started 45 minutes late.

We were all kept in the lobby until curtain time and then finally allowed in.....to wait for another 45 minutes.

Miss Faye was fine and it was fun to see her. We were treated as if we were students in her class and she singled out some for criticism. She looked at me and asked: "What are you laughing about?" I just said "Nothing."

I asked one of the ushers as we were leaving what the delay was. He said that Dunaway hired fired her hairdresser in the previous city and had forgotten until she got to the theatre. They had to find someone to come in and do her hair.

The next day, Faye was on local television saying that the delay was due to the technicians fixing a faulty spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 3:52 PM

Faye is a DL icon along side Vivian Vance.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 6:02 PM

In the DL universe, Miss Dunaway is the yin to Vance's yang.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]Faye Dunaway, either before she was fired from Sunset Boulevard or asking for her change back at CVS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 7:46 PM

@r8, "A friend toured with Faye in Master Class and only had good things to say about her."

So, Faye supplied the booze and the boys, huh? 🤨

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 8:08 PM

What happened to this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 8:16 PM

Mike Nichols had the temerity to die, r14.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 8:17 PM

I saw "Master Class" with Faye in Chicago. I thought she did fine for the material involved. Was surprised at what a tall drink of water Miss Faye was...

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 8:26 PM

Quite big feet ^^^

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 8:30 PM

[quote]She looked at me and asked: "What are you laughing about?" I just said "Nothing."

Well, what WERE you laughing about? Out with it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 8:31 PM

Audience participation is always death.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 8:32 PM

I hear Faye just recently bought the property for Tony and Tina's Wedding and will be turning that into a film, which she will direct and star in...as Tina!

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 8:40 PM

Recall an unforgettable night at the Century Theatre in LA watching La Faye channel La Callas. We thought she had pushed us to the limit of bladder control until she channeled Aristotle Onassis. Our seats were wet with appreciation of her talent.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote]Faye is a DL icon along side Vivian Vance.

I like my two sides with a breast and a biscuit.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote] I hear Faye just recently bought the property for Tony and Tina's Wedding

I had heard she had acquired the Alien franchise and was prepping for her role as the xenomorph

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 11:00 PM

I saw it with Zoe Caldwell and all I could think was how much opera bored me and afterwards wondering how she was a legend.

Audra was fine, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 11:30 PM

[quote] prepping for her role as the xenomorph

Is that really acting though?

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 12:08 AM

[quote]I hear Faye just recently bought the property for Tony and Tina's Wedding and will be turning that into a film, which she will direct and star in...as Tina!

Copy my performance and I’ll cut a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2024 12:26 AM

I saw her on tour, she was quite good but couldn’t quite pull off the climactic singing moment at the end. My random hypothesis was they filmed to that moment and couldn’t get it right. More singing lessons to no avail… (I’m basing this theory on absolutely nothing!)

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2024 12:57 AM

I had read that Dixie Carter did the best portrayal in 'Master Class', with Patti Lupone coming in second. This was the opinion of many people who had seen the show with the different stars (including Tyne Daly).

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2024 1:39 AM

If you can get past all the insane, histrionic behavior, you have to admit that Faye is a superb actress.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2024 1:45 AM

[quote]I had read that Dixie Carter did the best portrayal in 'Master Class',

I liked Dixie Carter.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2024 1:57 AM

We referred to her as Dicks Harder on Designing Women because she was a horny old bitch. She literally fucked the paint off walls. Rumor is she died of lead poisoning

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2024 6:00 AM

Mind driving by the Blockbuster so I can throw these out the window?

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 6:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!