Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do many people still get crabs (pubic lice)

I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard of someone getting it but I’ve heard just about every other std on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2024 12:10 AM

🤮

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 11:20 AM

They might look gross, but they're pretty innocuous as these things go and easy to get rid of. They're technically not an STI/STD as they don't enter your system, they're just external parasites. As such, they're likely to be the very last of these sexually transmitted nuisances to get the vaccine in the (distant) future.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 11:28 AM

I feel itchy just looking at that image. They seemed to be rife in the 90s when I was a big whore. I haven’t heard of anyone having them for years, or are people just drawing a polite veil over them?

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 11:31 AM

Hmmm, crabs!

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 11:36 AM

I’m an expensive whore, I get lobsters.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 11:48 AM

Pubic shaving has reduced transmission, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 11:53 AM

I have a friend who claims he caught them from a bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 11:59 AM

I've seem them at the base of someone's eye lashes. The eggs were hanging from the lashes. The sight of it all was pretty hideous.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 12:04 PM

No, OP. Crabs are a thing of the past because everyone, like you, hasn't had sex in decades.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 12:17 PM

[quote]Do many people still get crabs (pubic lice)

I get mine with spicy Pad Thai noodles and iced coffee!

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 12:39 PM

R9 is pretty angry.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 12:51 PM

I make Krabby Patties with mine!

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 12:52 PM

R11 - Abject stupidity is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 11:59 AM

R13 is very angry.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 12:01 PM

My cooter’s itchy, y’all.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2024 12:06 PM

R2, batting her eyes at us as she assures us she's fine and sends her love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2024 12:56 PM

At one point, half of the guys living in my frat house had them (and no, not from having sex with each other).

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2024 12:57 PM

I caught them on vacation with my family to England when I was 18. I didn't know what to do (pre-cell phone search and no computer handy) so I would just pick them off each night and flush down the toilet. So glad one of my parents didn't catch them as we were sharing hotel rooms. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2024 12:59 PM

I caught them twice in my twenties and have no idea where I caught them from. I'd not had sex for a while and only noticed (after the itching) when I saw flecks of blood in the toilet bowl. Easily treated with some head lice treatment.

The only guess I could make was I caught them from using a hand towel in a rough (straight) pub I used to go to a couple of times a week which then made me wonder just what these people got up to in their spare time.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2024 1:15 PM

They are not so common these days as people tend to shave their pubes and body hair.

Also most men no longer have what used to be known as the crab ladder, the trail of hair from your pubes up to your belly button and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2024 2:03 PM

I mean, New Yorkers of a certain age remember when Mayor Lindsay gave them to Mrs Brady…

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote]when I saw flecks of blood in the toilet bowl.

What?! Blood in the toilet… from crabs?

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2024 12:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!