Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Protestors demanding vegan and gluten free food

UCLA anti-Israel protesters ask supporters for vegan and gluten-free food, zip ties, shields and EpiPens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 8:12 AM

I "demand" that they STFU and go home - or to jail.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 2:30 AM

“ Fox News obtained…”

I stopped reading there

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 2:30 AM

Here’s the group, r2. They posted it publicly. It’s a communist organization.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 2:35 AM

EpiPens? Do they plan to sell them for a fundraiser?

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 2:40 AM

I cannot believe in the year 2024 we still have people who think Communism is an effective political system. And that they unironically call each other comrade.

[quote]EpiPens? Do they plan to sell them for a fundraiser?

They all have debilitating food allergies, which is why they expressly forbid things like nuts and bananas at the encampment. There was an incident a couple of days ago where pro-Israel protesters brought bananas to their protest to troll and the encampment people got so freaked out they called campus police.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 2:46 AM

Modern revolutionaries really are pathetic. Can you imagine the women's March on Versailles asking the king for gluten free bread, or the Russian revolutionaries holding up the storming of the winter palace because of a lack of antihistamines?

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 2:48 AM

These are not serious people.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 2:53 AM

I want to show up and toss peanuts into their stupid camp.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 2:56 AM

The Tale of the Tampon

But the tampon takes the cake. (Major props to Steve McGuire for compiling the best episode of the internet since. . . yesterday.)

Here’s what went down: during one of those 21.5 hours of the protest, probably at an ungodly one, a few of the student demonstrators decided to call 911. That’s because their friend, who was part of the sit-in, had to change her tampon.

Specifically, she was “being denied the right to change her tampon that has been in for multiple hours, which leads to an increased risk of toxic shock syndrome.”

The frankly Zen-like 911 operator, who deserves a raise, was understandably confused. “Ma’am, do you have an emergency?”

Um, yes?! The student on the phone requests urgent medical assistance.

“You’re telling me your friend in Kirkland needs an ambulance. Is that what you’re telling me?”

Then in another video, one of the protesters—in a keffiyeh and a mask—approaches the police and an administrator, who was indeed in a sweater vest, demanding to know WHAT. WILL. HAPPEN. to her friend, should she leave the sit-in to change the tampon in question. The adults calmly explain that she won’t be arrested if she leaves the building. But can they confirm that she will never be arrested, ever?!

“She does not feel safe,” someone says off-screen, punctuating it with claps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 2:57 AM

I'm dying, r9! That is fucking comedy gold!

Who raised these idiots?

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 3:01 AM

Also OP:

*Biden calls Japan xenophobic along with China and Russia*

[quote]Biden needs to go. He’s dangerous. This is not just a gaffe, he’s about to start an international incident. He’s so fucking demented.Biden needs to go. He’s dangerous. This is not just a gaffe, he’s about to start an international incident. He’s so fucking demented.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 3:01 AM

And today, I demanded two, six-foot guys, that I have chemistry with, to be my: part-bartender, part-erotic dancer, part-bodyguard for me....oh, wait just like the protestors, I can have a fantasy, too.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 3:48 AM

Let them eat gluten free cake!

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 3:49 AM

A revolution is not a dinner party.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 5:17 AM

No bagels!

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 5:23 AM

EpiPens:

[QUOTE]In addition to the shortage, the cost of EpiPens has skyrocketed in recent years, with a twin pack costing anywhere from $500-700 on average, and a single injector costing anywhere from $300-400. This has placed a significant financial burden on families who need to keep multiple EpiPens on hand for emergencies.Aug 4, 2023

There's a concentration of shellfish crises on campus?

Fuck, no. These creeps are going to sell on the black market, if and when provided freely.

[QUOTE]In addition to the shortage, the cost of EpiPens has skyrocketed in recent years, with a twin pack costing anywhere from $500-700 on average, and a single injector costing anywhere from $300-400. This has placed a significant financial burden on families who need to keep multiple EpiPens on hand for emergencies.Aug 4, 2023

I love I upper middle class idiots.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 6:50 AM

R4 here from the working class who could see these upper middle class children following their parents for as much PROFIT. PROFIT. PROFIT as possible upon lower class workers.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 8:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!