Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RFK Jr offers Biden a chance to withdraw from the race

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. needled President Biden Wednesday, offering a zany “no spoiler” agreement that whichever of the two candidates is least likely to defeat Donald Trump drops out of the race in October.

During a news conference in Brooklyn, the 70-year-old RFK Jr. proposed that he and Biden co-fund a 50-state poll of at least 30,000 likely voters to determine which candidate is the true “spoiler” who would ensure a victory for the 45th president by continuing to campaign.

“Ultimately, I think what we all want in this election is [for] Americans not to feel like they have to vote out of fear,” Kennedy told reporters. “That they feel like they can vote out of hope. And that is only going to happen if there’s a two-way race between me and President Trump or me and President Biden.”

The poll would measure the likelihood both of Kennedy defeating Trump, 77, in a head-to-head race and Biden, 81, repeating his 2020 victory over his Republican rival.

The Democratic National Committee quickly pooh-poohed the proposal from Kennedy, claiming he was there as a Trump ally.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr is a spoiler- recruited by the MAGA GOP and propped up by Trump’s largest donor. His ‘Veep’-like performance today does nothing to dispel that notion- it only reinforces how deeply unserious his campaign is,” DNC spokesperson Matt Corridoni told The Post in a statement.

But polls do show that Kennedy has significant support against Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee.

At Wednesday’s event, the Kennedy campaign cited a 50-state poll conducted by John Zogby Strategies that indicated the independent would win a two-way race against Biden and Trump.

In the survey, which polled over 26,000 people, Kennedy won 367 electoral votes to Biden’s 171. Against Trump, RFK Jr. barely obtained the magic number of 270 electoral votes.

In the widely expected Trump-Biden rematch, the 45th president knocked off his successor by 294 electoral votes to 244, according to Zogby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 3:53 PM

No deal, asshole. He takes a lot more votes from Trump than from Biden, so he should definitely run as independent.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 12:26 PM

How generous of him. I'm sure Biden is so grateful

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 12:26 PM

I guess Trump's own sordid personal life has emboldened WTF, Jr. to give POTUS a shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 12:27 PM

Murdoch Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 12:28 PM

Wow, Rob. That’s a tough choice. Between the guy who tried to kill us with a pandemic and the guy who’d like to kill is with a pandemic.

Yeah… I think imma stick with Biden on this one. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 12:29 PM

In response Joe Biden said, "Who?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 12:30 PM

The Skakel genes are strong with this one.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 12:32 PM

He’s nuts- every bit as moronic as Trump. Maybe not as venial. Trump is essentially a gangster.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 1:18 PM

R3, post the article

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 2:12 PM

Paging Sirhan Sirhan!

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 2:32 PM

RFKJr= here is your brain on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!