Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can you be gay and Christian?

Or should you pray the gay away?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 9:17 PM

Yes, we’re human and we can pick and choose any reality and narrative that fits our emotional brains.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 4:32 PM

Yes, the bible says the act of homosexuality is a sin but not the state of being gay. So if these christian gays refuse to have intercourse they can actually follow christianity. Why you would do that is beyond me but it makes sense as long as they don't have intercourse. I heard from blind items that Tom Cruise these days is asexual because Scientology also disapproves of gay sex. So in order not to "sin", he just doesn't fuck but in his mind the attraction to males still remains. Sad lives these religious gays are living but as long as they don't harm others, I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 4:35 PM

Did Marcus Bachmann put in an appearance?

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 4:54 PM

Yikes! Lisa Ling's fillered and botoxed face looks bad.

In aswer to the question, I don't know why you would want to be Christian if you're gay. Christianity is a choice. Being gay isn't. Even if it were, why would you choose an exclusionary belief system like Christianity?

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 6:27 PM

Yes. if we are all made in the image of God then that means all of us. God doesn't discriminate. What human being doesn't sin? god turns no one away that comes to him.

Also remember that it was man that wrote the Bible. Not God, not Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 6:43 PM

I can certainly be gay and divine.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 7:04 PM

[quote]R2: Yes, the bible says the act of homosexuality is a sin but not the state of being gay.

No, the bible says neither of those things.

Your statement is, however, more or less the current Catholic position on homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 8:29 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 8:31 PM

Some parts of Christianity aren't homophobic, like the Quakers. So I suppose you can.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 8:51 PM

Nobody should be Christian.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 8:55 PM

Of course you can be gay and Christian. Not all churches are the loony evangelical kind.

I'm not a Christian myself, or religious in general, but have met many interesting eldergays and lesbians at Episcopal services. Some had their unions blessed (at church) decades prior to Obergerfell. Others were single, ardent sluts who probably cruised choir rehearsals.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 9:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!