Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge please- Don't Give Up On Us

David Soul- One hit wonder and good looking 70's hunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 6:38 PM

Wife-beater!

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2024 12:50 AM

It was a nice song. I wonder why he didn't have any more success with records?

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2024 1:14 AM

He made the wrong seem right.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 1:16 AM

He sold his ass in NYC in the 60s.

Soul had never heard of Andy Warhol but ended up at his so called Factory. "I was meat for the grinder at that place," he admits. "I would be set up as a little boy toy for somebody. I must have been there about three or four times and finally it just made me sick.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 1:27 AM

I may be mistaken, but was it Ted Danson who, like David Soul, was also a Factory regular?

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 1:37 AM

R4- By the early 1970's he was an artist in NYC and he went by the name Szabo Daborda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 1:44 AM

R5- Ted Danson never seemed particularly heterosexual to me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 1:45 AM

R4 Sounds like he was the pass around bottom at the Factory. But he was quite pretty back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 2:05 AM

R2 Don't Give Up On US was a mediocre adult contemporary ballad at best. The only reason it got radio play and became a big hit was because he was in the hit show Starsky & Hutch. Some countries like Japan released the single with a Starsky & Hutch photo on the picture sleeve to help the sales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 2:12 AM

J'ai préféré Starsky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 2:24 AM

r7=Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 2:35 AM

R5, agreed about Ted Danson, especially after the role he played in 1981’s Body Heat.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 3:00 AM

He was married 5 times? So many people in the entertainment world have numerous marriages. My opinion is that you still can't commit to a permanent mate after 3 marriages, the problem is mostly you.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!