Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jewel shuts down questions about Kevin Costner romance: 'I'm so happy, irrelevant of a man'

Jewel is doubling down on not needing a man to define her.

The Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter, 49, opened up about her romantic life and her experiences with "men in positions of power" over the decades as a musician in an interview with People magazine ahead of the opening of her immersive art exhibit, "The Portal: An Art Experience by Jewel," in Arkansas.

Reflecting on her relationship with Sean Penn in the mid-'90s, the songstress revealed that she'd refrained at the time from using their romance to promote her music following the release of her debut album, "Pieces of You."

"Even when I was dating Sean really early on, nobody knew I was dating him. I wouldn't do a red carpet with him. I was just very prideful," she told People. "I wasn't famous and my album was flopping — like, failing spectacularly. I remember going to the Venice Film Festival with him, and I could have done the red carpet and received a lot of media attention."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2024 4:03 AM

Jewel reveals 'divorce wasn't easy' and responds to Kevin Costner romance speculation

In 2008, Jewely married rodeo star Ty Murray, and the two share a son, Kase. The couple divorced in 2014, leading the Alaskan singer to prioritize parenting over her career.

"The divorce wasn't easy. Choosing not to work for seven years wasn't easy. Choosing to build something else other than music wasn't easy," she told People. "Divorces… you have so much grief, and it's hard. Not wanting to let go of that dream kept me in a marriage much longer than I probably should have."

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2024 12:50 AM

She means regardless, not irrelevant, but what else can you expect from this silly person?

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2024 12:52 AM

Unfortunate name for the kid.

Maybe he's a fan, but she's much too old for Costner to date.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 1:07 AM

Jewel- just No to the red hair. Reminds me to much of Tori Amos.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 1:43 AM

R4 I love the red hair with bangs.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 1:44 AM

Jewel is aging exceptionally well for a blonde, but she really does wear the dumbest shit. She and Shania Twain must share a stylist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 1:49 AM

R6 hideous.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 2:11 AM

49????

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 2:14 AM

She looks good for 49.

Her first album came out when she was 20.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 2:18 AM

She's lying about her age

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 2:20 AM

R10 - She has always said she was born in 1974. She turns 50 in three weeks.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 2:33 AM

She aged better than Steve Poltz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 3:10 AM

She started out looking like Kate Moss's sister or cousin.

Now, yes, she does look like Tori Amos.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 3:14 AM

R12 Wow, her voice is even better now. I didn't know that was possible with singers. She sounds lovely in that performance.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 5:13 AM

She’s had irrelevant!

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2024 5:18 AM

Her first album was great; a classic. Her second one was okay. Then I lost track of her.

Morning Song is my favorite. Just a sweet little song. I would listen to it in 9th grade and wish I was cuddling in bed with a boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2024 5:33 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2024 5:39 AM

R13 - she never looked like Kate Moss or Tori Amos.

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2024 6:22 AM

Wtf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2024 6:48 AM

She get them teefs fixed?

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2024 8:13 PM

When she sucked on Costner's dry glans, she followed her intuition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2024 8:22 PM

Yup. Tori Amos @ R19.

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2024 10:16 PM

I like her all right. I think her first four albums are pretty solid after that it gets a little spotty for me but they're still gems. I've never bothered to listen to either of the Fisher-Price album I think she made two of them other than what I would hear in Target occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2024 10:20 PM

She's coming to town with Melissa etheridge in a couple months and I'm thinking I'll probably go. I like when artists that have a large lesbian fan base come those are always fun people watching.

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2024 10:21 PM

She looks good.

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2024 11:50 PM

I think she favors Andrea Evan’s in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote] She means regardless, not irrelevant, but what else can you expect from this silly person?

"Irrelevant" is spot-on for Jewel. Irrelevant for all men, and for all women.

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2024 3:16 AM

How can she be 49?

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2024 3:45 AM

Born in 1974. Her birthday is late this month.

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2024 4:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!