Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GOP New Hampshire lawmaker opposes a bill banning child marriage

Because he thinks 16-year-olds are "ripe and fertile"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2024 6:59 AM

16 is ripe and fertile?

Please.

That's over the hill, in my world.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2024 2:39 AM

I think that was just an awkward way of saying kids are going to fuck and that is going to result in pregnancies. He’s not wrong. Creepy, but not wrong.

What’s weird about his argument is the idea that a decision about whether to have an abortion nor not would hinge on the availability of marriage as an option. It’s possible, but that would be a very small minority.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2024 2:39 AM

Sounds like Groomer Splaining to me, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 2:41 AM

I googled and the age of consent in New Hampshire is 16. What's the issue if legal age 16 year olds get married/don't get married and get pregnant or have an abortion? Who gives a shit what straight people do. That's their problem. Abortion is legal in the state of New Hampshire up until the 24th week.

This sounds like a whole load of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 2:46 AM

These GOP people live in an alternate reality. And in a different century.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 2:54 AM

R4

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 3:03 AM

He looks like a sister fucker so expect him to complain about incest laws next.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 3:06 AM

I'm so sick of all this shit.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 4:08 AM

R4 exactly.

Liberals have turned into prudish scolds ever since they went far-left (i.e. 'woke') in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 4:12 AM

How are we both prudish scolds and groomers, R9?

Is it the same as how you guys say President Biden is both dementia riddled and a criminal mastermind?

And how Shitpants Trump is a cheater, liar, grifter, racist, fascist, ignoramus but still the second coming of Jesus?

You cons are something else, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 12:08 PM

R6 - I posted the facts about the legal age of consent and abortion in New Hampshire. What's gross about my post? I genuinely don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 12:19 PM

R4, R11

Because regardless of the age of consent, a 16-year old has nine years to go before the front lobe is fully developed. And you didn’t just “state facts”, you said it wasn’t a big deal for a 16-year old to get pregnant.

It’s a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 3:25 PM

Ugh, frontal ^^^

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 3:25 PM

Do we really want 16 year olds consenting to marriage? Marriage is a life ruining decision.

This guy wants to fuck teenagers and ergo his opinion should be discounted. No one calls teenagers “ripe and fertile “ unless they've got their eye on young ass.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 4:16 PM

Btw the guy in OP’s photo is NOT the guy who called teenagers ripe and fertile.

The guy who said that was a white haired old guy, a representative.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2024 4:19 PM

R12 - I said I couldn't give a flying fuck what straight people do. The legal age of consent in New Hampshire is 16. I don't care if they get married at 16, don't get married at 16, get pregnant at 16, don't get pregnant at 16, have an abortion at 16, don't have an abortion at 16. Is that clear?

I googled and the legal age to marry in New Hampshire is 18 without parental permission. So what the fuck is this all about? Some GOP moron who nobody pays any attention to having a brain fart which has been reported in the media. He's probably a paedophile.

The below should concern you much more as it turns out that a female can get married at the age of 13 in New Hampshire with parental permission and a male at the age of 14. That's absolutely gross:

"A male or female who has reached the age of 18 can marry without parental permission. A female between the age of 13 and 17 years and a male between the age of 14 and 17 years can be married only with the permission of their parent (guardian) and a waiver. A female below the age of 13 and a male below the age of 14 are not allowed to marry under any condition".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2024 6:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!