Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corey Feldman Recalls 'Shocking' Exchange With Barbara Walters Over Child Sex Abuse

Corey Feldman still remembers Barbara Walters for dismissing his deepest secret.

The “Goonies” star visited “The View” to promote his memoir “Coreyography” in 2013, in which he candidly detailed the child sexual abuse he says he endured from numerous Hollywood insiders, only for Walters to tell him: “You’re damaging an entire industry.”

“It was like a knife in the heart,” Feldman told Entertainment Weekly in an interview Thursday. “It was shocking to me that somebody who I admired so much and I looked up to so much could be so deaf and just so completely wrong and off base.”

The former actor not only claimed in the 202 documentary “My Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys” that Charlie Sheen raped his friend Corey Haim — a claim Sheen denies — but told The Guardian in 2020 “the biggest problem in Hollywood is pedophilia.”

He didn’t mince words about it on “The View” in 2013.

“I’m saying that there are people ... that did this to both me and Corey, that are still working, they’re still out there, and they’re some of the richest, most powerful people in this business,” he told Walters. “And they do not want me saying what I’m saying right now.”

When he doubled down on the claim, Walters accused him of “damaging” the industry.

Feldman told Walters after her comment at the time that child sexual abuse in Hollywood is “a very important, serious topic.” Social media users have increasingly agreed, particularly after the revelations about financier Jeffrey Epstein became public and bolstered the notion.

“It very much gave everybody, I think, the feeling that she was either part of it or covering up for it,” Feldman told Entertainment Weekly about Walters so leisurely dismissing his accusations, “which is shocking and scary.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2024 12:48 PM

she has always been a nasty witch and tried to belittle her guests in sneaky ways

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 8:17 AM

Unsurprising, considering she was friends with Roy Cohn.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 8:23 AM

Everyone is twisting this the wrong way. Barbara was "speaking in tongues" - speaking the "typical reaction". She did this often. She would "mouth" the scandal that the public would perceive. It doesn't represent HER opinion. For crissakes people are dim. She did this often.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 8:25 AM

Deep dive on Barbara Walters's cuntery here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 8:25 AM

Wasn't Barbara also friends with Trump?

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2024 8:26 AM

Corey has made a career about talking about all the abuse but NOT naming any of the powerful names he says are behind it. Either name the the names or sit down. Stop making a career out of bait people with abuse allegations. He is really pecking around the periphery with this latest story.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2024 8:34 AM

[quote] Corey has made a career about talking about all the abuse but NOT naming any of the powerful names he says are behind it.

He named Charlie Sheen.

Also, I think he's afraid of being killed, because they ARE so rich and powerful.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2024 8:41 AM

So what is he doing about other than saying it happened?

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2024 9:35 AM

I think poor Corey is pissed that nobody actually molested him. Or wanted to.

Even Michael Jackson wasn't interested.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2024 10:17 AM

Ooooo, nasty burn! 🤣 Come sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2024 10:32 AM

PLEASE, that old bitch didn't want to get sued.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2024 10:40 AM

Corey was outed as a pervert himself.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2024 12:15 PM

[quote] He named Charlie Sheen.

Which was a lie. The man who was the perp was already stated, even by the family who witnessed it. Feldman is a pathological liar. He wanted his buddy dead for money. He was caught saying it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2024 12:17 PM

I watched some of that documentary about him gaslighting and sabotaging Corey Haim. It was sickening. He's a terrible person who exploits Haim even in death.

His songs and dancing are hilarious, but knowing his true nature makes everything he says and does seem like proof that he's really sick.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2024 12:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!