Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cultural Appropriation of the Palestinian Keffiyeh by privileged Victimhood Cosplayers

I thought cultural appropriation was bad, but now all the Queers and fat Frau cows with septum piercings at universities are dressing like they’re Yasser Arafat. What the fuck is going on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote]What the fuck is going on?

Post-Trumpian postmodernism, OP. Satire and self-awareness both dead in a ditch.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 2:20 PM

It’s not cultural appropriation when it’s done to fight oppression!

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 2:21 PM

R2 I guess I’ll slap on my fro wig and FUBU tracksuit, then head down to the BLM rally with a box of Popeye’s and some watermelon. 🍉🍗✊🏾

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 2:24 PM

You do that, R3. Let us know how it works out for you. Bring a friend to film it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 2:27 PM

Has Madonna commented? Isn't she Jewish-adjacent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2024 2:34 PM

The rules don’t apply to the “good” side.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2024 2:36 PM

Weren't these the same people who were shrieking about two white women opening an empanada or taco shop? White women with corn rows?

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2024 2:45 PM

They thought it was a Covfefe.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2024 3:15 PM

Seems like these protest are easy to shut down. UVA nipped all that nonsense in the bud quickly yesterday. Just arrest the idiots and kick them out of school for good. THey can drive taxis with their new brothers in Allah.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2024 3:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!